CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Three BBQ's and a turtle.




We went to three BBQ's in four days last week, the last one our friends Amy and Taz invited us over to their house. They also have to two little girls and Melanie and Kelly we there as well with their two kids. The look forward to the summer to hang out with our friends. Each year it get better as the girls get older and enjoy meeting new friends.

On our way to Sophia's party we were driving down our street and saw something in the road, Paul slowed the car down and when we were close noticed that it was a turtle (actually a tortoise) so we took it with us so it would be out of the road. Annika was so excited that it was in the car with us, so would see it crawling back and forth and kept squealing " It is soooo CUTE" I'm not sure that cute is a way to describe a turtle be she thought so. We took it home with us and kept it over night. The next morning I let it out to run around and was looking up on the Internet trying to figure out what kind of turtle it was and what kind of habitat they live in. I went over to the faucet to get some water and our neighbor was out in his yard, Annika started yelling that we had found a turtle. He told us that our neighbor across the street had been looking for it all night. They have a daughter who is disabled who's turtle it was and had been so worried about him. I left a message on their phone that we had found something that they were looking for. A hour or so later we heard pounding on the door it was Megan to pick up her tortoise who's name is "tootsie roll" like the candy she informed us. Her mom told us that when she heard the message she was jumping up and down and bolted for the door literally running her sister over in the process. We were glad we found who the owner was, I was relieved partly because I didn't want to keep a animal that lived for twenty or more years. One more update about the Tortoise named Tootsie is that he got out again just a few days later, if you find a tortoise in Ogden we know where he lives.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

gcotharn said...

Tootsie likes to roll.

Marjean 'n Aaron said...

It's a good thing that owner of the turtle doesn't have anything that moves a little faster than a turtle, if they lost him twice that close together! I bet Annika was cute with the turtle though.

Stacy said...

Hey Paul! K - hope you remember me, this is Stacy (used to be Warren) we went to college together, I was one of those Sharmea girls that would bug you. You also knew my husband Joe. Anyway, I was talking to Kim Tessean and Akoni Ganir and you came up in both conversations but nobody knew what happened to you. So I thought I should find you. How have you been? I think the last time I ran into you, you were engaged right?
You've got a cute family now, it's been a long time!
Anyway, Kim and I are both on facebook if you have an account. Or you can email me at pawloski123@gmail.com. Akoni will probably be trying to contact you soon too.
Hope you are doing well.

Tasha said...

Mikelle, you need to email me your mailing address so I can send you a wedding invitation, my email is tashamdean@gmail.com

hope to hear from you soon!

Tasha