The girls first time the park this year!
For those of you who have a yard to take care of, know of the hard work it is to tackle the yard in the Spring. Well our project this Spring was to get our 9' by 50' flowerbed under control. When we bought our house it was during the winter. Being a first time home buyer didn't think about how the yard looked I assumed it was fine, wrong. Three feet of grass, weeds and thorns is what we found in our flowerbed. Paul and I spent hours weeding it, then within a few days they would be back. For three years we have fought to keep it under control by the time it was mid-July and 100 degree we would give up, being pregnant for the last two years didn't help as well.
So I talked to a fabulous gardener and asked her what I could do, I have used Preen and bought every tool to make it easier to no avail. She told me to put Preen then bark or compost on top, a lot of people make the mistake of not putting it thick enough which is about 4" which is deep enough to keep the sunlight out and that should smoother the weeds. If you buy the bark in a bag and times that by how big the garden is that is a small fortune. I heard that they made compost Kaysville and you could get it for cheap, I made a few calls and I could get some for $10 a truckload, that is a great deal. So I went and bought a tarp and headed of to get our compost. Which is located at the end of Shepard Lane and Sunset (2200 Sunset) if you want any, it is better then any I have seen at the local nursery's. I went to pay and the lady asked what kind of pickup I had, I don't I have a 4-Runner so she gave me a shovel and wished me luck the good part was it was free, I guess I deserve it if I was willing to load it myself my arms definitely felt it. So six truckloads and a five days later it looks pretty fabulous. It took me a good hour to vacuum out the car yesterday but it was definitely worth it. I do feel for the next person to use the vacuum, he he. Well, on to the next project.

4 comments:
I'm going to have to come over and see it!
Oh, and want to help me get my yard under control? he he he!
so now that you are done with your yard you gonna start calling me again? you need a bigger picture of the yard. I need to see the whole thing!! you must show proof of what you've been doing, so I don't feel so neglected!!j/k.
you better update your blog with what you are doing or I'm gonna think that you are avoiding the outside world! I guess Paul is on a break from school and I know that husbands take up lots for free time!
I tagged you. again.
Post a Comment